Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Fun

December has been so much fun, aside from the lovely bouts of colds and strep.  The house got decked out for the holidays early, since I offered up our house as the last stop to our "Christmas Progressive Open House" activity for the Relief Society.  It was a great success (I can't emphasize enough how grateful I am for that, since I was in charge!), but that bout of sickness hit me that night.  JOY!  But that was ok cuz the house was already beautifully set up and ready to go.  It's been fantastic to have the decorations up all month!  That's a first!  I highly recommend it.

We further kicked off the holiday season by going to 2 brunches that following weekend: one for church, the other for our subdivision.  That's where the girls saw the not-so-jolly Santa and his charming wife.


We were surprised to get a visit from my parents 5 days later, just in time for Lily's preschool Christmas program!  That helped take away some of the sting of being away from family during the holidays.  Lily's class all dressed up like toys found in Santa's workshop. She was the cutest little dolly!



We tried to squeeze in some extra fun while my parents were here, like going to the Museum of Nature & Science:





and catching "BOLT," which my girls seem to think is "BULLET."  The English language.  


We had a couple of church Christmas programs to participate in as well as a "Musical Christmas Extravaganza" at a dear friends house.  I'm elated to be able to do something at the piano again! A little jazzy piano music for Christmas always gets me in the right Christmas spirit.  Even little Lily sang a rock 'n rolly Jingle Bells to everyone's delight.  The girls and I had a great time seeing The Nutcracker, for the first time, with our good friends Suzette & Belen. And, to top it off, Noel and I actually went out on a date and saw JERSEY BOYS.  Fantastic music!  So it's been a fun month for the Cajigas's!  Now we have until January 26th to keep having fun.  After that the kids are back in school.  

To finish off this posting, here are a few more pics from our Christmas season. 

  

6 comments:

Raimi said...

YAY! A new post. I love seeing your family & their sweet faces. Sounds like you had a wonderful December...minus the sickies. Love ya! Have a happy/safe New years!

Koni said...

Lor, What cute girls you have! I know that I always say it, but it's true! I still have yet to start a blog - maybe someday... Take care!

Lisa said...

Way to go LORE, Love the blog. Love the pictures. Your girls are so beautiful and Gracie is breaking my heart she is so big and gorgeous. Fisher said, "they sure get big fast", ha ha . He is right, they do. UGH, we miss you guys so much. Love to you always and forever.
I love the Cajigas'
Love Lisa

Courtney said...

You did it!

Gillian said...

First---you are a blogging genius....right off the bat with slideshows and internet movie pics....you're way ahead of my "can't do it by myself" self!!!
It looks great! Looks like you had a fun action-packed Christmas. I love your little Lily dolly---can she BE any cuter? Your girls are all getting so big---and gorgeous! Can't wait for more updates.
Love,
Gil

Stohl Family said...

I am so glad you started a blog! I love reading about your family.