Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Girls' Weekend

I have a lot to catch up on! First....
my dearest friend MEL came out to visit. Oh bless-ed weekend! We've known each other since Jr High and our friendship just keeps getting better and better. I don't know what I'd do without her! We ate great food, stayed up way too late chatting (and still didn't talk about all that we wanted to!) and even did some shopping with a little "make-over" twist. Too bad I don't have pics of those before and afters! One day we went up to Boulder to check out some falls. We were geared up for a decent hike, but...

...it wound up being only about 300 feet from where we parked the car! They were small, but pretty enough to make up for some of the disappointment. The water was freeeeeezing!!!


I'm not quite sure what this cool lookin' rock was - kinda like a dinosaur bone.



We went up the canyon to a little town called Nederlands, nicknamed "Home of the Frozen Dead Guy, Ned." Just found that out right now! hahaha Here's a link if you care to find out more! I think I'll plan to attend next years Frozen Dead Guy Days! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Dead_Guy_Days
We purchased a Frisbee - a tradition (not so much the purchasing part, but the throwing), and dodged dog poop aside Barker Reservoir as we enjoyed throwing the frisbee about in the beautiful outdoors. A perfect moment, except for the dog poop that is. These weekends with Mel are truly what keep me sane. Can't wait for my next one.
Can anyone say SAN DIEGO?

4 comments:

Kim W said...

How gorgeous are those ladies!? You two are so awesome together! I love knowing both of you!

Lisa said...

SO happy you were able to spend time with MEL. What a fun weekend. I love that you got outdoors and did fun things. Love the pictures.

susan hall said...

love the pics..you are so lucky you still have good friends from back in the day...

Stohl Family said...

I am glad you had so much fun! You are such a great person and your friends are especially wonderful! (Right?)