Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday DAD! (aka Papa Dean!)



This picture says it all!

First off, my Dad is a happy person, even when not wearing a lovely yellow shirt.  He is always telling stories (one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world) or jokes or asking funny questions.  I find that I laugh my hardest when I'm with my mom and dad.

Secondly, see that pure joy on little Gracie's face?  That is the same joy that comes to all of the grandkids' faces when they are with Papa Dean.  He is right in there playing with them, be it letting them put tape on his face, letting them tuck him into bed with a dozen teddies or running races with them in the park.  Oh, we can't forget him making us all laugh with his Billy Bob Teeth!!  He warms my heart every time I think of him.  My first favorite memory of him was him patiently laying on the floor, next to my bed, holding my hand while I fell asleep, just so I wouldn't be afraid.  He is wonderful through and through and I love him with all of my heart.

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

(How lucky am I, to have both the best Dad and Mom in the world?)

4 comments:

susan hall said...

I agree whole heartedly he is a wonderful man..i feel so lucky to have him as a father in law and grandpa too my 4 kids he is a grat grandpa...their little faces totally light up when they see him..happy birthday dean

Lisa said...

So much love Lore, I love it so much. My eyes are tearing up with the amount of love you have for your dad. I love your first memory of him. I love that you have an amazing father. You are daddy's only little girl. What a special man.

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

What a great picture. I bet he had so much fun celebrating with your girls. Happy Birthday Dean!

Hall Family said...

I have to agree 100% with your post. Dean is such a great father in law and grandpa. I love the stories, jokes and advice we get from him. Happy Birthday!!!